Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Driver's License

Things have been kind of slow around here, nothing big or interesting to blog about. Just thought I'd share this little bit of good news!

It was about 3 or 4 moths ago that I realized that my driver's license expires on my birthday this year, August 23rd. At the same time I also realized that come August 23rd, I will be 9 months pregnant! What timing, hah? The thought of getting a picture taken of my swollen face to have on my license for the next four years doesn't sound that great to me. Not even to mention the fact of stating my weight. They certainly wouldn't make you put your current weight if you were about to give birth at any second! Or would they?? Seeing that number for 4 years sounds even less appealing to me than seeing the picture.

Anyway, whenever the thought of this has entered my mind, I quickly try to push it away and not think about it. Of course it's not the end of the world, just one of those things I wasn't looking forward to.

Well, ...........................yesterday I received in the mail the option to renew my license by mail this time around! I was more than EXCITED and RELIEVED! I have never had this mailed to me before and have always just had to go in to get my new licenses. I guess you can do this by mail thing every 8 years in the state of Idaho. So, my little dilemma is solved. They'll send me a new digitized driver's license (w/ my old picture I assume) and there is no place on the application where you update you weight or any of that information, so that will stay the same too! YAY! You better believe that I'll be taking advantage of this renewing by mail option and filling out the form and getting it mailed ASAP!

4 comments:

ManicMandee said...

I have NEVER had a good drivers license photo. My little brother just to be silly spent his entire time waiting in line to get his license with his head attached to his shoulder and a crazy expression on his face so that it looked like he was just that way. Nobody said anything to him when he got his photo that way so as not to be rude. I might as well do that.

Emily said...

What a relief! I would DIE if I had to go take a Drivers License photo right now. You know what's crazy? Our AZ license's don't expire for TWENTY years!! I'm sure that I will have to take a new picture eventually though...either that, or I would look pretty darn good at age 50!

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

Yay! what a fabulous solution for you! That's the best way it could have ended!! :) What a blessing.

Hot Pants said...

When I renewed my license (which was when we moved back) it gave me 10 years before it expired. I hate having to take care of that kind of stuff. I wonder if they will let me renew it by mail for another 10 years?