Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sailboats and School

Cooper pinning the mother's Bear pin on Mark's shirt. He deserved it more than me anyway.
The group giving Cooper "The Fonzie (from Happy Days)" cheer for earning his Bear.
This is the guy Cooper lost to.
Cooper winning a race.
Our ward's rowdy Cub Scouts.
The kids' first day of school. J-7th E-1st C-4th
A very excited Cutie Pie (this is where the camera batteries ran out)


On Saturday Cooper had his Sailboat Ragata for Cub Scouts. He had a good time and ended up getting 2nd place, which he was pleased with. He also received his Bear Award and is now on to Webelos. We were proud of him. I wasn't feeling well and wasn't able to go, unfortunately. I was also saving my energy for a friend/family b-day party for Cooper at the park later that afternoon. It was nice seeing family and there was even a little breeze to keep us from baking in the sun too badly. It has been hot here! After the park, Mark took Cooper, John and 4 of Cooper's friends to pizza and swimming for 3 hours. What a Dad! They had a blast! We had no camera at the park to document his b-day, which I'm sad about, but at least I've journaled it here, right?

Today was the first day of school. The kids were so excited, especially Ella. I only wish the jumping up and getting ready quickly and being happy would last all year! Again, we had camera issues and the batteries ran out after only 5 back to school pictures. I'm glad I took the group pictures first. It was a quiet day for Seth and I. He even took a little nap for me and wasn't as bored as I was afraid he'd be. It was fun to pay a little more attention just to him and to talk to him. He's a good boy and so badly wants to go to school like the others. At Back to School Night last night he brought his back pack too and rolled it around to all of the kids' classes. So cute! Well here are a few of the pictures we did manage to get this weekend and today.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Fun stuff!! The first day of school is always so exciting!! Your kids are so dang cute!

ManicMandee said...

Ella's hair is getting so long and pretty. Looks like things there are good and rolling right along.