Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day 2008




Happy Mother's Day to all of you mothers out there. I hope your day was special, mine sure was. Church was great, as usual, and I got to spend the day w/ Mark and the kids. What more could I ask for?! Maybe to see my mom(s) since it was Mother's Day, well I got to do that too! My mom and grandma came over for a roast dinner, which Mark did ALL of the work for. It was super yummy and it was good to spend a little time with them. We went over to Gunnersons' house in the evening for pie and visited w/ the brothers and sisters there and also celebrated Dorothy Gunnerson's b-day. It's alway nice to be in their home. We saw Mom Bishop on Saturday evening and gave her a little remembrance. It's very hard to fit in seeing 4 moms in one day! RaNae Parker was out of town so I didn't get to see her, or talk to her even, so that made me sad. I tried calling on the run and both Mark's and my cell phones were dead. I hope she had a good day though! I love all of the mothers in my life and am so thankful for each of them. They are each so wonderful and I learn a lot from their examples. I'm not sure how I got so lucky. I'm also very grateful for the chance I have to be a mother. It is what I have always wished for, and I'm blessed to have the wish come true. The fact that my kids are awesome makes it that much sweeter. I really do love each of our children tons, they keep teaching me while I try to teach them. Mark made the day very special for me. He's always so thoughtful, my favorite are his heartfelt cards. I love the things he writes to me. Anyway, here are a few quick pictures. We have a tradition to take pictures before church of the kids and I on Mother's Day. Last year we didn't, and I really missed it. So here are this year's pictures and one of me and my mother from two years ago.

4 comments:

ManicMandee said...

Very nice pictures. Glad you had a great Mother's Day!

Emily said...

I'm glad your Mother's day was nice. You deserve it! You look so pretty in these pictures!

ManicMandee said...

I came to visit your blog just in case you had your ultrasound results up. Dumb of me to think it would be this soon. But get them up asap. Inquiring minds want to know. I really do think everything will be fine! I'd just like to see your mind at ease about it. And by the way, you have told me lots of times that I am in your prayers. And I do appreciate that a lot. I feel kind of funny saying it, but I don't want you to think I don't care about you guys either. But I've been praying for you for many months. Love ya.

Dalana and Mark said...

Thanks Amanda for you sweet comment. That made a really good day even a bit more sweet. I appreciate your prayers for me a lot. We'll just have to continue to keep each other in our prayers. Sounds good to me. Love you.