Saturday, September 6, 2008

Welcome Baby Cole









Turns out it wasn't just bloating (referring to my previous post.) Cole Leon Bishop was born at 2:47 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 2nd. He weighed 8 lbs. 7 oz. and was 20 1/2 inches long. We've spent the last few days enjoying him and trying to keep things in somewhat of order here at home. Mark has 2 weeks off work, which I'm soooo grateful for. Our sweetie baby isn't nursing or sleeping well, but I think we're getting each other figured out.

Labor and delivery went great. We were blessed to have a good experience and to have Cole and I make it through safe and sound. This delivery sure was different than Seth's. It was just Mark and I in the room this time around which made for a quite day. Mark got lots of reading in until things got exciting. He was just great and was there whenever I needed him. He even cut the cord this time, w/ Seth he had a hard time. My doctor and nurses were great the whole hospital stay which makes a big difference.

Mark and I and the kids couldn't be more thrilled! Cole doesn't really resemble the other kids too much. He reminds me a little bit of Ella as a baby and so far that's all that has stood out. He doesn't look like Seth as a newborn at all. Seth had the most hair of our kids and Cole is tied w/ Ella for the least. What little bit he does have is pretty light.

Well, I better post a few pictures. It's been great having a little bit of heaven in our home. I just have to add that I love the smell of newborns. Thank you to all who have prayed for a safe pregnancy and healthy Mom and baby. We have sure felt of your love and prayers.

4 comments:

ManicMandee said...

So glad that everything went well! He looks great. Thanks for posting.

Jenalyn said...

He is so stinkin' cute!!! You guys are so lucky. I want to hold him :) I know you know this...but just a reminder...enjoy every minute for he will grow up way too fast....and then pack up all of his things and head to college and be very happy about it too!! :) Congratulations! We all love you guys and can't wait to see Cole and his siblings in Nov.

Hot Pants said...

I could smell the new baby on my hands even after I got home. (Not that I sit around smelling my hands or anything)

Emily said...

Congratulations!! Cole is adorable! He does look a little like Ella, I think. Good luck adjusting. I hope you are doing better than me:)