Sunday, November 16, 2008

Chipmunk





About 7 months pregnant with Cole I started to have some pain from my bottom wisdom teeth trying to come through. I went to the dentist and was told they needed to come out, but I'd have to wait until I had the baby. It's been pretty miserable! Who has problem with their wisdom teeth in their 30's? I thought they were supposed to come in during the teen years. I have been really dreading having it done because they told me I needed to go an oral surgeon and be put to sleep to have them out. I have never been put to sleep before, and it has been one of my biggest fears. The pain finally got the best of me, and I made the appointment to have it done anyway.

Friday was the day and I am happy to say that I survived and just 2 days later am doing well enough to blog about it. It has been pretty uncomfortable and 800 mg of Ibuprofen has been my best friend, but it is still not as bad as I had expected it to be. The anestetic didn't even make me too loopy afterwards, so I don't have any funny stories to share. I have some of the good drugs for the pain, but am too chicken to take them for fear they will make me crazy. It hurts to open my mouth and my face hurts to the touch. My cheeks are pretty swollen, but not as bad as the above picture. Mark thought it would be funny to do some photo shopping there.

A big thanks to Brian and Kamber who watched Seth for us and brought us over some chicken potato soup on Friday night. Kamber even took the time to puree some of it for me. How nice is that!? Thanks also to Mom Bishop who brought over some delicious chicken noodle soup the next day. I'm pretty spoiled I guess. Both soups were just what the doctor ordered! And of course, thanks to Mark for taking the day off work and for faithfully bringing me ice packs and taking such good care of Cole too.

I am so glad it's over and look forward to a healed and pain free mouth just in time for Thanksgiving. You'd think I might have lost some weight with it hurting so much to eat for the last several months, but no such luck.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Having my wisdom teeth out was worse than child birth! I'm glad you survived it ok and you are recovering.

You need to post new pictures of Cole. I'm sure he's grown a ton!

ManicMandee said...

You jazzed up your blog with a new header and new photos. Nice.
Glad you survived the wisdom teeth removal. I had to do that about 8 years ago I think it was. Not too fun.

Hot Pants said...

I tried calling you Saturday night and Mark said you were sleeping and not feeling well from getting your wisdom teeth out. I am sorry, but I did laugh and said, "isn't that something you do when your a teenager?" Now I am reading you write the same thing on your blog. Sorry I laughed.....it looks painful. Watch out for dry sockets;)

Mindi said...

I love the comparison photos! I'm glad you are feeling good and didn't have any complications. Pain free for thanksgiving dinner..now that is something to be thankful for!