Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Cole's Blessing

I crocheted this blanket for him to use on his blessing day.

Cole in his white blessing shirt and khakis.

I think this is a pretty sweet picture.

The men who stood in the circle (minus Gary Gunnerson).

What would you say the frosting decoration to the left of the wording was? Booties, of course! I got teased a bit by some who didn't think they looked much like baby booties (my only other option was a stork).

On Sunday Cole was 2 months old. I can hardly believe it! We were also able to bless him. It was a very nice day for us. Those that attended were Mom and Dad Bishop, Reed & Alysa Bishop, Brian, Kamber, Samantha and Spencer Bishop, George and RaNae Parker, Rhonda Parker and her girls Camille, Aubrey, Alicia and Meredith, my mom Donna and her friend Jeff, and Gary Gunnerson (Dorothy was really sick). Mark gave Cole a really sweet blessing and we had a nice testimony meeting. Cooper bore his testimony for the first time. We were really proud of him. Mark and I also bore our testimonies. It was so nice to have our family there with us. Mark's family stayed with us for all of our meetings and then we went home and had some lunch together. The Parkers were also there for the lunch. It meant a lot to have them with us for the special day (thank you for driving down George and RaNae). It was a great day and we had fun welcoming baby Cole.

4 comments:

ManicMandee said...

He is sure growing up so fast. Glad it all went well. Nice to see Halloween photos too.

Emily said...

I was just thinking about you today and wondering how things were going. I was happy when I saw this post. Cole is adorable!! Looks like his blessing day was perfect.

Keep the posts coming!

Mindi said...

I love looking at the pictures. I wish we could have been there too. I really miss being close and being able to be to share those important life moments with everyone. Sounds like a really nice day! Oh, and of course those look like booties!

Kam said...

yay! New posts from the Gishops! I haven't been checking blogs for a long time, so I just caught your Halloween post... how cute! That's so funny that John told a girl he had to go to the bathroom so he wouldn't have to dance. ha!

Those pictures of little Cole are so darling. He did look so sweet and cute on his blessing day, for sure. And that was such a special, fun day. Glad we got to be there with you all. (I thought they looked like booties, and what's better they TASTED like Costco carrot cake... can't beat that!!) I didn't know that was Cooper's first time to share his testimony. He is such a sweetheart. All your kids are, of course.