Friday, September 28, 2007

Some inside projects from the last year

Going up our stairs are the only vaulted ceilings we have, so I had this idea to use the wall space and hang some of my favorite mostly older family pictures. I am a big fan of the vinyl letting on walls and boards and have words and phrases scattered all over the house. I was particularly pleased with how this wall going up the stairs turned out. It's nice to see all these pictures of such special people each and every time I go up and down the stairs.
Our front room. Some think of it as a waste of space, but I love having a nice room that doesn't get too messy. It's great for when people stop by and things like that. I like that it has the piano in it and not a t.v. and toys. I like to go in there and just sit sometimes.
We have a RED wall! I've always wanted a red wall and love the way they look whenever I see them. It took a lot of courage for me to actually do it in our house though, but as you can see we painted part of the family room red. I'm still not sure I love the tone of red (I was trying hard to not end up with a purple red), but it's Mark's favorite.
Ella's room is one of my favorites in the house! We painted it the softest pink color. It is my favorite choice of color of all the painting we've done in this house. I love the color of the room when the sun is coming in. Walking down the hall it always catches my eye. We were able to get Ella some new furniture when we moved in too. Gotta love Target and their Shabby Chic line! Mark made her the picket fence headboard a couple of years ago, Ella and I love it!
We finally got a headboard and some bedroom furniture!!! This is our bedroom and the lovely quilt and pillow shams Mom Bishop made us for our wedding. You can't see in this picture, but we painted an accent wall a sage green color when we first moved in. I really like how it turned out and it is a peaceful room to me.

We've put in a lot of time and work to get the inside of the house the way we want it and it's pretty much done for now. Probably the most recent project I've done is decorating the plant shelves in the kitchen. I should have taken a picture, I guess. Our kitchen is a cheery yellow color. It was fun to pick the colors for the walls and the curtains, etc. I love to decorate! I'm not the best at it, but I really do enjoy it. Making this house "our home" has been really rewarding to me. Today was a good day to take some pictures and post them because we're coming up on our one year anniversary of living here and the house was clean (at least for what pictures can pick up). We're grateful to be here in this area, ward and house!

3 comments:

Kam said...

Yay! I'm so glad you've put up pictures of your house. It does look so cozy, and homey. (Over here they say homely for homey, funny, eh?) I especially love your "generations" wall and all the pictures everywhere. I've told a friend all about your wall, and now can show her pictures as well. Oh, and the living room is NOT at all a waste of space, for the reasons you mentioned -- it's a great addition to the rest, I think. Will look forward to your help and advice when we embark on purchasing a home of our own!!

Emily said...

Love your house! You really have a nack for decorating! Thanks for sharing and for some good ideas!

ManicMandee said...

Another great post by Dalana Bishop. You've done a nice job. I just have lost my desire to decorate this house. But someday I will get to it. We do love our red kitchen. Red is so fun.