Tuesday, October 2, 2007

My favorite quote


The General Relief Society Meeting last Saturday evening was fabulous! I went with 5 other ladies from my ward. Our stake combined with the Middleton Stake and we had a punch and cookie social afterwards. I really enjoyed listening to all of the speakers. The new General R.S. Presidency seems great. As always, President Monson gave a wonderful talk. There was one quote towards the beginning of his talk that I absolutely loved. He said it in speaking about the General R.S. Presidency and the spirit they brought to the meeting. He commented on how thankful he was for their parents and leaders as young girls. It made me think of Ella. Nobody really knows what lies ahead for her, what she'll accomplish or how she'll be. I have many hopes and dreams for her though, mostly of her becoming a wife and mother and remaining a faithful daughter of God all of her days. Every woman, even those who are accomplished or well known, were once ordinary little girls and those who loved and cared for them had no clue of the ladies they were going to someday be. I hope I am doing all I can for Ella to help her live up to her potential. As a matter of fact, I loved this quote so much that I printed it out, framed it and put it in her room. This is it.

No comments: