Monday, October 8, 2007

John through the years

newborn
1 year old
2 years old
3 years old
4 years old
5 years old
6 years old
7 years old
8 years old9 years old

10 years old11 years old12 years old

My firstborn baby is 12 years old! I can hardly believe it. I feel a wide range of emotions from reflective, sentimental and sad to happiness and excitement. I'm sad that time is passing so quickly and he's only got 7 more years in our home before he's off to bigger and better things. I'm sad that I'll never get to hold him as a baby again. At times I wish that I could have just a few hours with each of my kids as newborn babies again. That would be so wonderful. I'm so happy that he's going to receive the priesthood and become a deacon. How very special that is. I hope that he strives to always be a worthy priesthood holder. I'm excited for all of the opportunities that await him as he becomes a youth and enters these years. John is such a great son. He is so responsible, honest, and sweet. He's one of my only children that doesn't get embarrassed when I kiss him! He's a good friend and student. He has a sweet spirit and soft disposition. He tries hard in all he does. On top of all of this, he's very funny! We LOVE YOU with ALL of our HEARTS, JOHN! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SON! These are some pictures of John through the years from babyhood to the young man he is today. I'll be sure to post more pictures and entries as we have a little family party for him and he is ordained on Sunday.

3 comments:

Anna B said...

I know how you feel. My oldest turned 12 in Jan. I have had fun reading your blog, I hope you don't mind. Anna (Amanda's sister)

Emily said...

That was very sweet Delana. What a handsome and special boy! Isn't it a strange feeling having a 12 year-old? What a great age. Happy Birthday John!

ManicMandee said...

Happy Birthday John! We hope it is the best ever. You are such a wonderful person.