Sunday, October 21, 2007

Wolf Badge

Cooper pinning the Wolf pin onto my sweatshirt. I treasure this collection of scout pins from my boys.
Our cub master Bro. White, presenting Cooper w/ his Wolf badge. Do you like my stylish yellow den leader shirt under my sweatshirt???
At pack meeting we played a couple games of tug of war. Not too long after this shot was snapped, the dad's pulled the boys over the line and they fell like dominoes.

On Saturday we had our monthly pack meeting and Cooper was awarded his Wolf Badge. He earned it by his b-day in August, but because of football we missed September's pack meeting so they saved it until October to present him with it. He really likes cub scouts and has been eager this first year to pass off requirements. I hope his enthusiasm continues as he moves on to Bears. A huge thanks to Grandma Bishop who passed off several requirements with him. Last year I started the kids in Vallivue schools at the beginning of the school year and our house didn't close until October, so Mom Bishop helped me out by picking Cooper up from school most days. When John got out of school an hour later we'd pick up Cooper, and in their time together Grandma and Cooper would do homework and scouts. What a fun grandma! My calling in the ward is as the Wolf den leader, so I was able to be his leader for the past year. It really was a lot more fun than either of us anticipated. He actually asked if I could move up to Bears with him and continue to be his leader. That made me feel good and is a good sign I'd say (coming from Cooper who isn't affectionate and whom it once nearly killed to say he thought I was pretty). Anyway, we were proud of him! It's always fun for me to have them pin the mother's pin on me. Being the mother of boys is great! We've got lots more scouting ahead of us before it's all said and done. Happy Scouting!

1 comment:

ManicMandee said...

Congratulations Cooper! You've done us all proud.